Three great reasons to consult with a Collaborative Professional
Save time & money by getting a divorce through collaboration, not conflict.
Separation and Divorce Professionals for all your legal, financial and parenting needs
Edmonton and area Collaborative Practice News and Information
Learn more about collaborative practice in Edmonton and area with articles written by our collaborative lawyers, financial specialists, and family specialists.
- Join our 40 Hour Mediation Training (1/31/2022) -
- Cohabiting/Married Partners and Joint Property (4/13/2021) - So you are married or living together and one of you owns a property, and you are thinking about putting it in joint names. Tread carefully, this can be a minefield. Putting a property in joint names (joint tenancy) means that if either of you dies the property will automatically go to the survivor. This […]
- The three divorces (6/5/2020) - Turmoil In my meetings with divorce and common law separation clients I observe that there are typically many divorces occurring at the same time for any one family experiencing separation. The two partners experience their divorce differently, their children experience the divorce, but differently from their parents, and extended families and friendly support people have […]
- Family violence during COVID-19 (5/29/2020) - Download the government of Alberta’s factsheet on Family violence during COVID-19 Quick Info Family Violence Info Line Call 310-1818. Available 24/7 in over 170 languages. Chat online with the info line at alberta.ca/SafetyChat, available daily from 8 AM to 8 PM in English. For more info, visit alberta.ca/family-violence-prevention.
- I was temporarily laid off due to COVID-19, what happens to my child support payments? (5/22/2020) - The COVID-19 crisis has created financial uncertainty for Canadians, including many who are faced with temporary lay offs. A temporary lay off creates a unique circumstance for the payment of child support. Child support payments are usually based on the payor’s most recent income information, but a temporary lay off brings sudden reduction in earnings, […]
- Financial Help is Here (5/19/2020) - During divorce or separation, many people search for help on how to start organizing themselves and prepare for the money matters that will inevitably come up. Most people start out with the feeling that everything will be divided equally and will be handled in a respectful manner. However, money can be a contentious issue and […]